Namecheap was founded all the way back in 2000 by Richard Kirkendall.
Over the past 18 years, they’& rsquo; ve supposedly racked up 3 million consumers.
Domain are the name of Namecheap’& rsquo; s video game( sorry, couldn’& rsquo; t resist), with over 7 million under their control.
But here’& rsquo; s the
thing: We & rsquo; ve seen this story prior to; Hosting A is proficient at X, so they leverage their brand name and deep pockets to muscle into brand-new service Y. It doesn’& rsquo; t necessarily indicate that they’& rsquo; re any good at’it. So what & rsquo; s
the handle Namecheap? Have they had the ability to duplicate their domain name success in a new arena? Or are they just trading on their name alone? (Pun certainly meant.)
We signed up for their hosting service, purchased the least expensive strategy, and established a test site to track efficiency stats like uptime and speed.
Is Namecheap sufficient to get our suggestion?
Continue reading to discover out.
General Info & & Hosting Overview
|Our Rating:||Our Decision: 4.0|
|SPEED:||458 ms ( February 2020 to January 2021)|
|UPTIME:||99.97% ( February 2020 to January 2021)|
|ASSISTANCE:||24/7 Live Chat, Ticketing, and Understanding Base|
|APPS:||100+ Apps with 1-Click Install, Including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, and more.|
|FEATURES:||Unmetered Bandwidth, 20 GB SSD Disk Area, 30 Email Accounts, SpamAssassin, Backups, Google Apps, 30-Day Money-Back Warranty, Three Hosted Domains, Website Home Builder|
|HOSTING PREPARES:||Shared, WordPress, VPS, Reseller, Personal Email, and Devoted Hosting|
|RATES:||Beginning at $1.44/ mo ( restores at $2.88/ mo)|
Pros of Utilizing Namecheap Hosting
Namecheap starts strong with a complimentary domain name, speed, uptime, migrations, and extra plan functions like backups.
Here are the full details:
1. FREE Domain and Migration
Namecheap stands out at domain names. So it only makes sense that they’& rsquo; ll happily throw one in if you register for their hosting strategy.
If you already have a site established elsewhere, they’& rsquo; ll also assist you move the service for complimentary. Kinda, sorta. We’& rsquo; ll come back to this in the Cons section listed below.
2. Excellent Uptime –– 99.97%
Namecheap delivered a stellar 100% uptime the very first month we signed up. That provided us lots of enjoyment to see what was to come.
Despite the fact that Namecheap had some problematic months during 2018 and 2019, we’& rsquo; re still pleased to say that they handled to provide good uptime throughout the last 12 months, coming at approximately 99.97%.
Last 12-month average uptime:
- January 2021: 99.98%
- December 2020: 100%
- November 2020: 99.89%
- October 2020: 100%
- September 2020: 99.93%
- August 2020: 99.91%
- July 2020:99.99 %June2020: 99.99% May 2020:99.98%
- April 2020: 100%
- March 2020: 99.99
- % February 2020: 99.99%
- 3. Good Load Time After the uptime,
- the second most important criteria is speed. The factor it
& rsquo; s so important
is that speed has actually been straight associated with visitor joy. Google recently found that the probability of someone bouncing increases over 100% if your pages use up to 6 seconds
to load. So yes, you need your site to remain alive. If that website is sluggish, then it & rsquo; s practically as bad. Your website might as well be down due to the fact that people will be leaving in droves. Namecheap has been able to post an average page speed of 458 ms over the past’12 months, which quickly gets a thumbs up from our side. Moreover, they are steadily enhancing their packing times from month to month. 4 . 30-day Money-Back Guarantee Namecheap does use a rock-solid30-day money-back warranty. You & rsquo; ve got a full month to see if their service is right for you.
Otherwise, it & rsquo; s not too late to back out and attempt something else. 5. Fully-Loaded Value Plan We & rsquo; ve examined over 40 web hosts to date. And for each one, we normally register for one of the most standard’plan to set up our test website. The factor is twofold: We wish to
be able to base these evaluations on real
data and performance figures. Many & lsquo; base-level &
rsquo; plans at each hosting business are quite similar. To put it simply– this enables us to compare apples to
apples( for the most part
- ). Each shared deal is fairly comparable, with the same features used on each.
- Namecheap amazed us, though. First, they offered unmetered bandwidth on their most inexpensive
plan. They likewise offer you access to standard features like cPanel access and apps like WordPress. Their least expensive strategy likewise consists of a complimentary SSL certificate for the very first year
.( Check out: After that year & rsquo; s up, you & rsquo; ll need to pay.) You likewise get twice-a-week backups, just in case things go haywire while updating your new site. The finest part about their cheapest deal is
that you get 50 MySQL databases( which is way more than what many business offer on a similar tier). Plus, you can establish 3’websites on this strategy.
A lot of base-level hosting strategies only enable you to host one single website. This is an excellent worth if you have
a number of sites, like a company and an individual one. They likewise provide you up to 50 email addresses right out of the gate, too.
This can amount to huge expense savings with time. 6. Third-Party Reviews Are Excellent We constantly like to get a pulse from existing customers to ensure each evaluation isn & rsquo; t simply based upon our own isolated experience.
We & rsquo; ll confess: We were pleasantly surprised at a few of the customer reviews
online. For circumstances, they have a strong 4.7-star ranking
on Consumer Evaluated. Apparently that & rsquo; s based on over a million reviews. Cons of Utilizing Namecheap Hosting There are 3 major classifications we look at when considering a brand-new
Uptime: Can this host keep my website live the huge majority of the time? Speed:
Can this host provide a good experience for visitors so they & rsquo; ll wish to come back? Assistance: And can this host help me when things spin
out of control? Unfortunately, Namecheap faltered in among the 3 locations. Have a look on your own. 1. Inconsistent Consumer
- Assistance Namecheap has a respectable knowledge base platform. It contains detailed answersthat should assist solve the most common problems you encounter. We also like to try live’chats to get a feel for their service. Things started well enough, with a quick connection from a friendly support associate, and our concern concerningtotally free domain was responded to within a couple of minutes. However, when we asked about
website migrations, we were instructed to call a concierge department by sending
a ticket which took us more time than we desired. Namecheap Rates, Hosting Plans & Quick Information Here & rsquo; s a fast introduction of the hosting strategies offered by Namecheap: Quick Facts Complimentary domain?: Yes, the very first year is
totally free. Ease of Signup: Easy signup procedure. Money-Back: 30-days money-back guarantee. Payment Approaches: Charge card, PayPal, Dwolla, and Bitcoin. Hidden Costs and Provisions: There are 2 essential disclaimers to keep in mind: & ldquo; This deal is available for brand-new hosting purchases only. The advertising rate is valid for the very first 12 months on annual payments, after which the hosting service will renew at the regular rate as suggested in the plan specs. Upgrades/downgrades will
be performed at the full renewal rate. & rdquo; & ldquo; Unmetered disk area is provided
with our Ultimate plan
- . This disk space is entirely planned for your site and not for other storage purposes. This area must be utilized in accordance with our AUP
- , especially paragraph 10.2. & rdquo; Upsells: A few upsells
- along the way. Account Activation: Fast account activation. Control board and
- Dashboard Experience: cPanel. Setup of Apps and CMSs( WordPress, Joomla, and so on):
- “1-click installation tool to quickly set up popular apps and CMSs. Do We Advise Namecheap? Yes, we do. They started out pretty well. Existing customers seem to like them, and the reality that their least expensive plan compares favorably to most other business & rsquo; s upper-tier ones looks promising. We also like their improved uptime and speed
- “results that make Namecheap a reliable host. Nevertheless, we want that customer support would be better. In general, Namecheap is definitely a great host, however there are some better choices readily available. See www.Namecheap.com Best options for Namecheap: Bluehost Very Good Uptime|Easy to Use for Newbies|24/7 Client Support Read Bluehost review Hostinger Extremely Economical
- | Leading 3 Load Time |
- Multilingual Assistance Read Hostinger review DreamHost Best Month-to-Month Strategy|97-Day Refund Duration|Unrestricted Bandwidth Read DreamHost evaluation Do you have any positive or unfavorable experiences with Namecheap & rsquo; s hosting? If so, please leave us a sincere, transparent review!